This week we sat down with the Founder and CEO of Avikom AS and Easymeeting, Hans Johan Tofteng. Hans Johan has been working with live audio production and AV-integration for over 20 years.
We asked him 10 quick questions to help us understand his passion for making technology that is easy to use for everyone and what inspires him when he is not in the office.
1. As the founder and CEO of Easymeeting, what is your vision for the company and services/products?
My vision for Easymeeting is to deliver an easy to use service so everyone can see each other when they communicate - Body language is 55% of the total information shared in a conversation and we want to enhance every conversation by enabling a shared visual experience. Think about the connection you feel when seeing someone's reactions and putting a face to a voice.
2. What inspires you outside of Easymeeting?
Being together with friends and family is no. 1 - when I do have time to myself, I spend it on my bicycle or with my camera and just let time fly by.
I also love learning more about technology that benefits people.
3. If you could tell your customers one thing, what would it be?
I am proud and thankful that they use our services to make their business more competitive.
4. Why do you feel everyone should be using Easymeeting?
Time is our most precious resource - it should not be spoiled by unnecessary commuting or traveling to a meeting that could be done with Easymeeting.
5. Tell us about an application of Easymeeting that really gets you excited about how video is being used?
I think education is one of the most valuable applications of video.
6. Why is that so exciting and important to you?
It enables everyone to learn and share information independent of location. Education is needed to bring the world forward.
7. What motivated you to get in the video conferencing industry?
I was working with audio visual design and installation and when I was introduced to video conferencing. I saw the amazing potential to change the way companies and employees conduct business, but also saw the limitations caused by the hard to use technology and costly upfront investments. I wanted to solve these limitations by bringing video conferencing to non-technical people through easy to use services and friendly support.
8. Give us a day in the life of Easymeeting's CEO...
I am so fortunate to be able to work on the things I love and feel passionate about, which includes meeting people on video every single day. I often meet with partners in Asia in the morning, Norway mid-day and the afternoon is used to meet our team in U.S. After all of these meetings I am home for dinner with my family. I focus a lot of time testing the user experience and discussing how to solve technical issues with our great team. I also like to stay involved with our sales and marketing departments so that I am always in tune with what we need to improve.
9. Easymeeting's tagline is "Connect. Enhance. Inspire.", tell us what that means to you.
Connect means that Easymeeting should connect you with anyone easily. Enhance means that the conversation and communication are enhanced by using Easymeeting. Inspire... What is more inspiring than meeting people independent of technology and geography?
10. For someone unfamiliar with video technology, what does Easymeeting do?
Easymeeting allows people to join video meetings with anyone and everywhere, by being easy and user-friendly.